Since my colossal cake baking day, I have pretty much decided to not bake cakes or anything sweet for that matter for another two weeks. I might break this law that I have laid out for myself, just because I love baking, but the only reason why I have made this decision is because the chopped up cake takes up half the room in my little apartment fridge and I don't think I will be able to finish the entire thing anytime soon. So, instead of leaving my blog empty I have decided to put up the recipes of the food I make on a regular basis. This food is much healthier and is the typical meal I'd cook. Today I made something I'm sure my Amma would've truly enjoyed. For that matter, I think it's something my sister-in-law, Sanjukta would enjoy too. It's a simple linguine pasta that's quick to make and light on the stomach. I'm really bad at measuring how much of stuff I use while I cook general meals because I like quick no-fuss recipes that can be manipulated and changed according to the ingredients I have at home. Anyway, here's the recipe:
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tbsps of finely chopped basil
- A spring or two of fresh oregano (I'm proud to announce that I used the oregano that I grew in my little herbarium)
- 1 packet of mushrooms
- Crushed red chillies
- A few tbsps of olive oil
- A small bunch of spinach
- Cranberries or raisins (I used orange flavoured cranberries, which are to die for!)
- Spinach and chive linguine (If you don't find any of that you can use regular fettuccine and add a little more spinach)
- A few tbsps of feta cheese
- Sautee the basil and garlic in a bit of hot olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, crushed chillies and oregano.
- Simultaneously cook the pasta on the side so that you don't waste anytime.
- Add in the cranberries/raisins to the mushroom mixture and add a few tablespoons of water and olive oil to the mixture. Cook till mushrooms are done and you have a little sauce.
- Strain the pasta and mix feta cheese into it.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese.