Tuesday, August 16, 2011

LOVE Biscotti with a hint of vanilla,olive and a whole lot of almonds














 

   Some days just feel pretty and today was one of those. It reminded me of times when you are busy with work but you still had time to take a break, calm down and realise everything is beautiful and everything is going to be okay. I was reminded of coffee shop days. I was reminded me of the smell of vanilla and almonds wafting out of the oven. Today is a pretty day. A day when I realized I don't need much to keep me going. Just a bit of work, a bit of baking and a bit of heart. It's easy to forget what really makes you happy when you are trying hard to make everything seem alright. What makes me happy is that I know now what I working towards. I know what I need to do with my life. I see a direction finally and I finally feel like I have a purpose. Everything is pretty and the way I see it, it all comes from within. 


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 4 tbs olive oil
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon anise or vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • Dash salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 2 teaspoons milk
    • Directions:
    • In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and 1 cup sugar



  • Add eggs.  
  • Add the dry ingredients and vanilla extract.
  • Stir in almonds.
  •  Line a baking sheet with foil and grease foil. Divide dough in half; spread into two 12-in. x 3-in. rectangles on foil. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
  • Brush with milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar and bake for 5 more minutes.
  •  Remove from oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees F. Lift rectangles with foil onto wire rack; cool for 15 minutes. Place on a cutting board; slice diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place slices with cut side down on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake 10 minutes more. Turn oven off, leaving cookies in oven with door ajar to cool. Store in airtight container.




    Dunk in melted chocolate if you feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment