Monday, March 1, 2010

Banoffee



Today was a little frustrating and trying. One thing that annoyed me in particular though was my last post. I read it again this morning, I realised my post made me sound mentally challenged. That was an awful realisation. Well the only thing that seemed to get me in the mood was obviously the part when I got to my kitchen. I was so tempted to make some banoffee pie but I did not have enough condensed milk. I just had what was left from making paysam, so I made this pie-less banoffee. Sounds awful, I know, but trust me it was anything but. All you need is:
  • 1/2 cup of condensed milk dissolved in 1/2 cup of milk,
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 cup of graham crackers crumbs or digestive biscuit crumbs,
  • 3 tablespoons of butter,
  • Whipped cream for topping
  • about 4 tablespoons of chocolate chips
Now all you have to do is mix the digestive biscuits with condensed milk dissolved in milk. Then put this mixture into a frying pan with the lump of butter and sugar. Let all the ingredients melt in and become slightly dry (not too dry). Be careful to do this over a low flame, otherwise the whole thing might brown and caramelise too fast. Once it is almost at a fudge consistency turn of the stove and transfer the contents into two small cups or glasses. Now sprinkle the banoffee mixture with the chocolate chips and pop the cups into the microwave for 30 seconds. The chocolate melts on top and gives the banoffee and delicious chocolate frosting. Top it all off with some whipped cream and there it is. Done!
Oh I also made a ham, raisin, sesame, honey, lettuce, bagel chips salad. Okay, that's a wrap! Done

2 comments:

  1. Yes yes! For once I have all ingredients.. I'm gonna make this .. Yayii ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ammu... i am loving your blog!!! this one is easy da... will do it NOW!!! :D

    ReplyDelete