Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Honey Pecan Pie


I love pecans and today I finally got to make my first pecan pie. Sadly, I could not make a tradional pecan pie since I did not have corn syrup and I know Sandeep will probably pass out if I tell him that I needed to go to the store again. So I looked hard and found a honey pecan pie recipe that did not need corn syrup! So here it is, from pecanpierecipe.com;

Ingredients -
1 cup Honey
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup chopped Pecans
Dash of Nutmeg
1 (9-inch) Piecrust Shell, unbaked
Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 325 F.

2. Bring honey to a boil in medium saucepan.

3. Immediately remove honey from heat.

4. Stir a very small amount of the honey into the eggs. Go slow or the eggs could scramble. Stir constantly.

5. Return honey egg mixture to the sauce pan, continuing to stir constantly.

6. Gently boil.

7. Fold in butter, vanilla, and nutmeg.

8. Add pecans.

9. Pour pecan pie mixture into unbaked pie shell.

10. Bake 30 minutes or until filling is set.


No comments:

Post a Comment