Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pecan Pie revisited



Sandeep was not at home when I baked the pie. So I waited until he got back to cut piece of it. I did not have ready-made pie crust so I made it from scratch. Trust me, it was totally worth it! The crust was melt in your mouth and oh-so flaky. The filling was like warm caramel with sweet and chewy pecans. I love pecan pies! Trust me this is a great recipe. Such dreamy pie! Done!
(For the flakiest pie crust: 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling, 1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, very-cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 4 to 8 Tablespoon ice water. Mix the floor and butter till you get a crumbly mixture, then add the water and knead it all together. Divide the dough into two and pop it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before use. The dough will stay fresh for about two days. One portion can make the base and the other will be enough for the cover, that goes over the filling. But if you make a pie without the top, like mine, then you can save the second part for another pie)

No comments:

Post a Comment